‘ There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; for anyone who enters God’s rest also rests from their works, just as God did from his.’
– Hebrews 4:9-10 | NIV
Friday, March 31, 2023
Rest from all labor is the cardinal reason for the institution of the Sabbath. Whether to rest the land in the Jewish ‘Sabbath Year’ or to rest the body of Man on a ‘Sabbath Day’.
The good and well-being of Man is the purpose of the Sabbath. Anytime Man can receive healing for his broken body or find relief for his tired soul or even food to fill his hungry stomach that is his real Sabbath.
Under the New Covenant which is signed and sealed in the Blood of Christ, man’s welfare and nothing else remains the center of the Sabbath. It is the welfare of mankind that gives Sabbath its validation not the scramble for political or religious correctness.
I am yet to see the Righteous God kill a single soul for breaking the Sabbath. He even ‘looked the other way’ when in hunger, David ate food lawful only for priests. “The Son of Man [Jesus] is the Lord of the Sabbath” to save our lives and to do us good.
Now let us embrace our freedom, and take our rest and restoration in the Name of the Lord! Surely, there remains, then, a Sabbath rest for the people of God. (Hebrews 4:9-10 | NIV)
LET US PRAY:
Scriptures For Prayer Focus: Heb.4:1-16; Isa. 11:10-16; Isa. 60:19-21; Rev.7:9- 12,13-17; Rev.21:3-5 (God is set to make all things new)
- ‘Entering Into The Rest’ (Our Christ Inheritance) (All Believers will have their day of rest)
- Rest from all persecutions: economic, and political.
- Rest from demonic attacks on our health
- Accurate Wisdom in a day of crisis to know how to build a “restful” career, marriage, and ministry.
2. Prayers for divine intervention for the global economy for the sake of the righteous not to be tempted more than they can bear! (1 Cor. 10:13; 2 Cor.4:16-18)
3. Prayers for our brethren under physical afflictions and on recovery beds against recent sicknesses including mental pressures; including mental health or mind-related illnesses (Ps 41:3; Ps 73:26; Phil 2:27). We receive the prophecy of *2 Kings 20:5,7.
4. Prayer For forgiveness, restoration and reconciliations (wherever possible). For Marriages (both young and old families) and all homes going through difficulties like Separation, Divorce. (Heb.13:4; Gen 2:24; Pro.5:18)
5. Prayers for Single People with marital uncertainties e.g Broken relationships, Marital Delays, etc. (Heb.13:5,6; Gen.28:15; Deut.31:6; Ps. 37:25,28-29)
6. Make prayers for spiritual realignment for men of God and for healing of scarred hearts across the body of Christ. (1 Pet.5:10; 2 Thess. 2:16,17; Heb 13:20-21)