5 Then Jesus said to them, “Suppose you have a friend, and you go to him at midnight and say, ‘Friend, lend me three loaves of bread;
8 I tell you, even though he will not get up and give you the bread because of friendship, yet because of your shameless audacity, he will surely get up and give you as much as you need.
– Luke 11:5,8
The system of the world is not designed to put resources into your hands by default. You have to apply pressure and make demands.
– BeulahToks Johnson.
Tuesday, January 03, 2023
Once again welcome to 2023, the year of purpose and you may also subtitle it, a year of shameless audacity!
Today begins our consecrated 10 days of word and prayer retreat to birth 2023.
God has told us that this year will be fast-paced. A lot of things will happen within a short time, it will make many confused. However, for you, you must be agile to harvest all the goodness that comes along. Don’t be fazed by the pace!
In this time of consecration, it is important to look into the word of life for patterns and instructions. According to Dr. Luke’s very detailed account of Jesus’ life, there came a time when the disciples noticed a pattern in his life that seems to be very central. Jesus had a habit of praying.
The disciples asked how to pray and he shared a sample. Then notice the example that followed in Verses 8-13.
Here are some lessons to imbibe from Christ’s story.
1. The two were friends, not strangers. It was not a random knock by a stranger or to a stranger. To get all of God, be His friend. Don’t be a fair-weather believer that shows no commitment. It takes friendship to have unrestricted access.
2. Ask. Don’t assume that things will just drop on your lap as a windfall. You may never get it if you don’t ask. Go ahead this year and ask God for help at any time, in any situation, for anything. Don’t be psychedelic
3. Be persistent. Don’t ask only when you feel like it, don’t ask only when it is convenient, and don’t rationalize for God. Keep asking, let him be the one to respond not human reasoning.
P.U.S.H..Pray Until Something Happens. Don’t settle for less.
4. Be shamelessly audacious. Friendship is not enough, you have to go up to the next level and bestow trust in the ability of God to do the impossible.
Go big with your request. Stay relentless with your prayers.
5. God will surely answer. He is not too busy, He hasn’t gone on a journey, and He is right there with you. God’s hand is not too short, and neither are His ears deaf. He will reward your importunity, He will tell you what His plans and provisions are. He will answer your prayers in due course.
There are still many more lessons from the story… think about it. Lastly, the friend knocked at midnight hour. You have to learn to pray at certain watches/times of the day, it is what it is.
Must you wait till midnight to pray… absolutely No. God hears you anytime and at all times but as a friend of God indeed, you must understand His style, and pattern and be able to read between the lines.
Follow us as we feast on God’s promises, pray, fast, and wait on God to empower us to thrive in the fast pace of 2023.
LET US PRAY:
Father, thank you for your word of promises for 2023. I stand amazed in your presence, there is nothing you cannot do. There is no one like you Jesus in all the earth and the heavens.
I commit myself and all that concerns me into your hands this year, May your kingdom come, and May your will be done.
Help me to be your friend indeed. Strengthen me through your Spirit in my inner man. Make me strong, bold, audacious, resilient, and unshakeable in you and through you.
I surrender all to you. I receive grace to pray and wait on you this time, this year, and all life long.
In Jesus’ Name, Amen